Canberra Park (Sembawang) - Playground, fitness and leisure in the Northern Singapore

It has been too long since I last blogged about an outdoor playground. This time, I have no excuses to ignore this FANTASTIC park that is situated in the Northern part of Singapore. (Note: There are a lot of photographes that I will be sharing.)

Canberra Park is situated opposite Blk 325 Sembawang Crescent and next to the Skypark condominium (still under construction). It is not too far from the Sembawang MRT station but you need to take bus 962 at the bus stop on the right side of the Sun Plaza shopping mall and alight at the second bus stop.

Canberra Park - Sembawang
Upon entering the park, you will be welcomed by the dinosaur skeleton. My kids went "WOW"!


Welcome from the Dinosaur!
But they could not resist what is behind the skeleton.

Playground!!

3 kids can slide down together at the same time!


Who can resist?
 Lots of motor skills that the children can enjoy.

Motor skills
Lots of wide runaways for the children to run and play. They are not steep, even a toddler or preschooler can enjoy.

Wide passageways
We were curious what these were. Unfortunately, they are not in operation yet. :(


Not in operaton yet.

Close up
Ok.. do you think that's all your kids could play and be WILD? NAH! This was just one section of the entire park. :)

Next, on the right side, you can see many types of swings that they can play. I played too. You might not have seen the swings in red in Singapore as these were built for children who has disabilities. What a wonderful idea! The disabled children could swing and have fun too. The swings have a temporary lock that can secure them. The middle ones are for preschoolers or toddlers. I played the far right ones and I enjoyed myself.


Different type of swings
 There are more swings on the right. No need to fight for swings.


They are MORE swings

Swing hook?

I have no idea how to play this.
Walking on the rope
Are you enjoying yourself so far? Well, there are SOME MORE. If you think that your school kids might get bored with what I have shared, I guess the following pictures might excited them.

Rope climbing

Second section

Third section

Fourth section

Basketball court
How about fitness sections for adults? Well, there are 6 sections spread around the park. I was "WOW"!


One of the section
What activities you can also do in the park? You can book bbq pits (I saw 2.) or have a picnic or party. I saw some people playing badminton or mini scooter rides.

I happened to see this party organised by the Canberra Zone 1 Residents' Committee this Saturday 30 May at 5.30pm. Maybe you would like to join the fun. :)


-------------------------
How to get there?

By Bus:

Bus numbers

In my opinion, the best method will be alighting at the Sembawang MRT station and take bus 962 from the right side of the Sun Plaza Shopping Mall. Then alight on the second bus stop.

--------------------------------------
Other FOC playgrounds and splash areas on the North that you might be interested:

Causeway Point Playground and Splash Area
Sembawang Shopping Centre Playground and Splash Area

Comments

Post a Comment