First ruffle sleeve top for her

I have always wanted to do dresses, tops, pants, skirts for my daughter. Friends will think that I procrastinate. Ya... in a way, ;p. I had too much distraction, watching dramas, reading comics, scrapbooking, playing with daughter, housework, etc... the list goes on.

The truth was I did not know where to start.

Seriously, I am bad at reading Chinese, not forgetting I don't know Japanese! (Japanese magazines have nicer designs) I have no teachers. I guess the only right thing I did was to buy fabrics. Hee.

Anyway, I did my research via the Internet. Found a simple tutorial at Sparkle Power. Candace did a fantastic tutorial of ruffle sleeve top for girls.

Here are what I did for 2T/3T size.

***Measurements for a 2T-3T:
Shirt body: 30 in x 13 1/2 in (76 cm x 34 1/2 cm)
Sleeves: 14 in x 3 1/2 in (35 1/2 cm x 9 cm)
1 inch Elastic for body: 21 inches (53 1/2 cm)
1/4 inch Elastic for sleeves: 9 1/2 inches (24 cm)
Measurements via
Dana of MADE ***

(Note: Full instructions via Sparkle Power.)

1. I picked this pokka dot fabric from my collection. Half yard will be good enough.

Materials
2. I sewed the bigger piece together first. Then I sewed my label at the back. This shot was taken after the thick elastic was inserted.

With my label
This is also good enough to be a tube top. :)

Back view without the sleeves. Taken while she was mesmorized by her youtube videos.

3. I did two ruffle sleeves. Look, I have inserted the thinner elastic bands on both.

Sleeves
4. Complete top.

Finished!
And that's her. :)

So what do you think of my first top? Let me know. :)

Comments