Mini Quilt Swap - My First Ever Quilt in the Making

I am hooked!

Yes hooked on hexagons!

I have been researching a lot on the internet and instagram on what can be done with hexagons. In the past, I had been telling myself and friends that I will not venture into quilting. Quilting in my knowledge is a time consuming and huge project. Besides, the weather in Singapore is too hot and humid which does not require me to cover myself with one at night for bedtime. I don't have the luxury to switch on my aircon too as I do not want my kids to rely on it.

However, I have lots of fabric scraps in my cupboard. I can't bear to throw them away. For those who sew, you will know what I meant. So what should I do with them? Yes, to make cut them up into patches and sew them up!

I chanced upon a instagram post about ths Mini Quilt Swap today. This is a fantastic idea! I long to participate in one. Having a deadline kinda push me to start working on my maiden quilt. It does not have to be very big. ;) Best of all, it is open to international quilters.

Are you interested too?
Check the details on the blog - http://www.schnitzelandboo.com/2013/09/mini-quilt-swap.html.


The deadline to sign up is 25 Sept 2013.

Excited....

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for writing about my Swap! I am excited to see what you come up with and so happy to have inspired you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi, I hope my maiden piece will be good enough. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment