Wordful Wednesday: Felt Mascots

My kids are always my motivation in my attitude towards sewing and crafting. The other day, Big E wanted me to get her the Anpanman soft toy - Aikindon-chan, simply because the character is pink in colour. As it is not available in Singapore and I do not want to spend so much $$ to buy from online, I decided to get the Anpanman felt mascot book from Kinokuniya to hand-sew the Aikindon-chan felt doll for her.

It has been a long time that I hand-sew cos usually I will machine sew instead. First of all, I bought the felt clothes from Daiso. I almost bought all the colours available as I knew Big E will requested for other characters from the Anpanman series.

Main Anpanman series characters

I traced out the parts using tracing paper and cut them out.

Parts on the tracing paper

Then, I traced the parts on the felts according to the colours and cut out.

Parts
I sewed them out using 1 strand of thread. Some parts, I used handicraft glue to stick together. After that, I inserted the polyester fillings to give a 3-D effect.

Here is the Aikindon-chan that I sewed using blanket stitches.

Front
Back
I finished this doll fairly fast due to the constant nagging from Big E.

Holding her doll
Now, she wants me to sew her the Aikindon-chan backpack. Oh well, her requests are never ending. :)

new button

Comments

Post a Comment