Learning a new skill - Preparing Puree for Her Little Sister

Preparing food for my Small E can be fun. In fact, I am not a good cook myself. I rather spend my time scrapbooking or sewing. But never cooking or baking. Maybe one day, the kids were to be bored, I can pick up some baking skills so that we can have fun at home. We never know.

For instance, if you heard me mentioned that I will not do any quilt, well, I did one last month. ;p

That day, I decided to blend an apple for her to eat. As usual, Big E's curiousity came. She asked me what I was doing and if she could help too.

I asked her - "You want to try operating the hand blender and make some puree for your sister?"
She replied - "YES!"


She held the blender carefully and pressed the button for it to work. She had fun. It was great to teach her how to use it and give her a sense of responsibility.

Our Small E opened her mouth wide to taste the apple puree made by her sister.

PS. This was done under my supervision. Please do not let your kid operate any appliances themselves.

Comments