Scrapbooking Storage Tip 3: Recycling Hanger for Washi Tapes Storage

Have you started spring cleaning for the new year?

I started very slowly. Too many distractions from my kids and housechores, not forgetting last minute emergencies. Sometimes, while I was feeding my baby, my mind wondered and planning where to pack. I have too many junks at home. I just unsure why I kept them in the first place. So I decided to throw them out. Yes, those I have not seen for more than a year, out they go.

One corner at a time. I still have less than 2 weeks to pack.

I was packing my craft room and saw a pile of washi tapes I have collected over the years. Yes, I am still buying cute ones.

Washi tapes
Some are not cheap. I dont seem to be able to finish one roll though I used as a replacement of scotch tapes and in my scrapbook stuff or even decorate my envelopes. Big E used them too for her crafts or sometimes she played with them by stacking up.

I wanted to pack them up nicely.

The other day, I saw this hanger for pants in my wardrobe. Suddenly I had this idea of placing all the tapes onto this hanger.

Hanger for pants
Good idea? But there was a catch! The holes are too big and the tapes will slide on the end. I need a stopper. I made one.

I used this kitchen towel roll as the stopper. Simple and FOC.

Materials needed:
1. Kitchen towel roll
2. Pen or Marker
3. Ruler
4. Awl
5. Scissors

Towel roll

Method
1. First, I drew a straight line on the length.
2. Mark the positions where the edges of the hanger on the roll.

Mark the positions
3. Use the Awl to poke the holes.
4. Enlarge the holes by cutting a X using a pair of scissors.

Cut a X using a pair of scissors

5. Then bend them in like that.

Bend in
6. Ta-da! You can place the roll onto the edges.

Please onto the hanger

Final product
Now they look neat and tidy.


Linking up with:

new button

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWAH seriously alot of washi tapes! Haha. Great simple idea to keep them in place, Joey! Thanks for linking up once again, love your little ideas always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer. Crafty mums always have something up their sleeves. Hee. I have another one coming on 5th Feb. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment