Handsewpatchwork Sew-a-long Block 7 - Shakuyaku Flower

It has been a long while since I did my handsewpatchwork sew-a-long. I was so busy with fulfilling  orders for teachers' day and other misc stuff. I was also afraid to start this block 7 - Shakuyaku flower as it looked quite complicated and lots of blocks of fabrics to cut. Plus there were appliques to sew too. I was scared!

Today, I managed to cut the template out from Zakka Art which you can download a copy for this sew-a-long. I looked through my orange and green stashes and found some lovely designs to play with.

Preparing
To my surprise, I managed to cut out the fabrics fairly fast. How did it looked?

Layout
I spent the whole evening to sew this. Frankly, I was stucked for a while as I have not been handsewing for weeks. It took me awhile to start my engine proper.

I was glad that I was not afraid sewing the applique as compared to my previous Basket block. In fact, I quite enjoyed the process.

Lots of needles
And here is my block.

Block 7 - Shakuyaku Flower

Can't wait to start Block 8 which will be much easier than this. No applique. :)

Comments

  1. It turned out lovely! This one has many pieces, you did very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your encouragement. Yes. A lot of pieces. You will be able to handle this too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment