Scrappy Trip Along - My first lap quilt in the making

It has been a long time since I last blogged about my sewing. Last checked and found it to be a month ago. Gosh! I have been busy sewing everyday without failed, as usual. Just that I did not have the time to blog about my progress. In fact, hubby just updated my computer and now I am writing past midnight. I am quite active in instagram and update my sewing journey almost everyday. If you are keen, you can check out my account - joeycraftworkz. ;)

I have lots of WIPs waiting for me to complete. I do not like to work on one project at a time as it is quite boring to do the same thing for a long period. For instance, if I am using my sewing machine, I would love to take a break and do some handsewing. Sometimes when my kids are asleep, I could not using my machine and had to handsew.

Currently, I am sewing my first lap quilt using squares. A lot of squares! I chanced upon a terrific method of sewing via Bonnie's Quiltville's Scrappy Trip tutorial. I love it!

I was kinda "force" to open up my Moda's Miss Kate jelly roll that I bought last year. Why? Because it was the perfect size to make the quilt. 2.5inch height. This is the perfect project for me to use this collection. The end result will be a 12.5inch x 12.5inch square (unfinished block).

Miss Kate Jelly Roll

Arrangement of my first block

I arranged 4 blocks and the result was as such.

4 blocks
I continued to sew more the next day and became this.

9 blocks
And more... (I had to stand up a chair to take this photo.)

12 blocks
I am only halfway through and right now I am sewing another 12 blocks to finish the lap quilt top. :) I hope to be able to finish this quilt by end April. Big E was grinning when she saw this. Me too.

Comments